Sunday, November 22, 2009

DARE YOU TO READ THIS

During this season, we get stressed and overwhelmed and family riffs seem to get worse. We are short of money, short of time and short of patience. Things don't go exactly as we would like and sometimes we think that life sucks. The Holidays are filled with frustrations, depression and disappointments.

I can't tell you how to think or feel, but I personally revel everyday in how many things I have to be grateful for, Holidays or no.

I look out the window and there is no war going on. I'm not in fear of my family getting tortured or killed.

I have a roof over my head and I'm cozy warm. The electricity isn't out so I have use of this computer, my TV, my stove, my microwave, refrigerator, hot water and lights.

When I go to bed, I'll sleep in a soft, comfy bed; not on the hood of a HumVee with the hot desert sun baking me and dust swirling around me.

I'll get up tomorrow morning and be able to walk unassisted to my kitchen where I have ample coffee and food. Then I'll get dressed in very nice clothes; more than I really need to cover my body.

I can pick up the phone or go to my e-mail and contact any number of family members whom I love dearly and who I'm sure love me. Oh, sure, like every family, I have a few real stinkers, but the ones who matter are always there for me.

I can't think of anything that I need that I don't have and if I get a little edgy during this season, then shame on me. And if you don't take at least a minute every day to count your blessings, then shame on you.

During this time, I wish you serenity and gratitude as a very Happy Holiday.

Linda C. Hall


1 comment:

Lily Bean Designs said...

I hope you and yours have a great Holiday!